Monday, July 23, 2007

So in love....



With my new apron!


Saturday I helped host a wedding shower for my sweet cousin Krysta. When I went over to set up, she gave me an apron that my mom had made back in the 80's. Precious to me. Anyway, I bought some fabric a few weeks ago from J. Caroline Creative (see favorite links) with the express purpose of making an apron. I didn't have a pattern at the time. The apron from Krysta was a perfect fit....not too long, not too short. Long ones make me feel restricted (picky?) SO...my point is this apron was perfect for copying. For the first time I made something with no pattern and no instructions. I'm so proud! It is reversible too and I added pockets! One side for cleaning house one side for cooking! This fabric was hard to pass up - Tidy Up by Michael Miller.
Well, let's see what today brings. It is the first day of my new "job"! I'm excited about being a housewife....perfect gig for wearing my new apron too! I have to admit I'm not feeling super today. Had about 20 Apple Martinis with the hubby last night. It was wonderful really. Unfortunately he had to head to work this morning with a slight headache.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Love the apron! Super cute!

traci said...

i love your apron!!! i want one...do they come in xtra xtra short??? :)