Saturday, August 11, 2007

Check your hormones at the door....

It's been one of those weeks...hormonal being an understatement. But don't worry, this isn't going to be one of those writings that brings you down....I'm feeling great tonight. Great enough to stop what I'm doing and tell someone about it. I'm alone - in a good way. It's been a while since I have had three consecutive days alone in my own bed and usually I enjoy the peace and quiet, but not this time. Hubby's gone to his old stomping grounds and I have been bored out of my mind. Seriously...me. The one who always has something to keep them occupied. The one who can always find something to do. Is it because I'm having my lady week, or is it because I'm alone? I'm opting for the first choice because it has been the common theme for my entire week. Tired. Bored. Tired of even creating. Tired of sewing. Tired of pretty much everything. Ok, enough of that negativity....the reason I took time out tonight to write is because I have had the most wonderful evening. Feasting on a gourmet appetizer of garlic bread (not even toasted!) and enjoying Apple Martinis as my main course, I had a fantastic girly evening all of my own. Just me and the girls! I had no idea how much I had needed one of these nights. Me, the pups, a chick flick and a couple of martinis....now that's a good night worth writing about!
I had so wanted to have a roomful of girls here tonight feasting on martinis and movies, but that didn't work out and I guess that's ok, because maybe a night alone is exactly what I needed.

If you are still reading, you know by now, I am rambling and venting and etc.

Funny how nature just has its way of slowing you down and telling you exactly when you need a break. It MAKES you take a break because it doesn't really matter what you are doing you get aggravated and have to walk away. I had that kind of week. One project that totally kicked my butt. One that I have had to walk away from several times. Oh, but don't worry....I'll have plenty of time to take a break next week!

Upcoming is my second anniversary. Hard to believe it's been that long, but in a way it feels like so much longer. Not in a bad way of course, but J and I have been close for so long. Our lives were much different then and so much better now!

I also had such a great visit today from a dear friend that I miss so much. We were finally able to get together with Julie on Thursday and then I was lucky enough to have her visit again on Saturday. EK, I could just love you to pieces! I miss them both so much and wish that they were closer. Old friends are such dear friends...

Ok, so that's my night in a nutshell. A little more Saturday Night Live, a little more Apple Martini, and then off to bed.

0 comments: