Monday, August 27, 2007

Countdown to crazy

Good morning! As we speak I am lying in bed with my two sweet doggies enjoying the olden days of no air conditioning! Over the weekend our upstairs a/c finally just quit. J says it froze so we turned it off and let it "thaw" out so we could sleep upstairs last night. The night before we slept on separate couches to keep cool. J's mom is also here so we wanted her to be comfortable as well. Hopefully it will be fixed by the end of the day.

I'm always glad when my M-I-L comes but this time I am especially appreciative! We stayed up till about 12:30 getting things ready for the first Trunk Show coming up on the 13th of Sept. I think today I should be able to get several dresses ready. She helped me by cutting out fabric swatches for my swatch book and sewing on buttons. (some of those tasks that take forever that I have been putting off) Today, we are probably going to go to Streetwise Consignment to look for some old shutters. I am going to try to find a few of them to hinge together to use as a display for some of the clothing at the show. This was yet another great idea from M-I-L! If anyone reading has any other good ideas for displays or anything else related to the show, please post here! I appreciate your help!

To be perfectly honest I am pretty nervous about my first show. Thank God it is at a friend's house....that helps some, but it's a real show! My first debut! Ack! I should have a decent amount of items ready, but it will never be enough. This whole branching out on my own/starting a new business thing has been all trial and error anyway, so I guess I will just have to think of it as a learning experience.

Off to start my day!

0 comments: