Tuesday, August 28, 2007

When it rains...

yep, that's right - it pours! No complaints here, though. If you had asked me two weeks ago how business was, you definitely wouldn't get the same response as you will get today! Before I quit my job, I was swamped with business and dress orders. As soon as I walked out the door, so did the orders! So, I guess maybe needing the break, I started working on some winter projects - knowing that my trunk show was coming up soon. (Like how I mention that in every post? It is a subliminal message to encourage you to have one too! haha!) Now, here it is the end of the month and I'm happy to say that the orders have started flowing again. YEA! I have to admit I was a little worried for a while. What a scary leap of faith going out on my own, but I really think it is going to work out. Who knows, before too much longer I may have a position open for hire! haha - I have my first employee in mind already!


That being said, I did have some help over the past couple of days. My sweet mother in law was here and was a huge help with everything from ideas to labor! I'm very lucky to have a great MIL and to have a good relationship with her. We took a break around lunch time yesterday and went somewhere I have been wanting to go for a while - Whole Foods! I am not sure how many people get a kick out of the grocery store, but we had the best time in there! That place is wonderful. I really wondered what all the hype was about and why the parking lot was completely full every time I drove by, but now I know. How cool! So, Martha Stewart, the next time you call for that crazy ingredient I have never heard of, I will know where to go find it! I swear we spent 20 minutes in the dessert section alone. Their bakery is fantastic! And the gelato - yum! Need a cactus leaf? Whole Foods. Need Ugly Ripe Tomatoes? (No, seriously - that's what they're called) Anyway, a good time was had by all!


Today I am finishing up the project that me and MIL started yesterday. My sweet sis in law ordered an outfit for a newborn baby boy for a shower tomorrow. We started it yesterday thinking we could finish it yesterday. We could have, but with the a/c being out of order until late yesterday evening, the sweat and headaches really hendered that progress. At about 9pm I gave up. I just had to stop and go lay down. I had had enough. But today, that is going to be the first thing I finish and I'm taking it to the post office asap. I know it won't get there by tomorrow, but at least the effort will have been made.


Also, today I am expecting to get in the fabric that I ordered for the Auburn tailgate tablecloth. That is first order of business and whatever happens next happens! Still looking forward to the game this weekend although we have decided not to go. I'm really sad, but with the long weekend J has decided to go to his dad's house to work on a fence they have been building. I guess that is ok - I really need to keep on sewing anyway. We will be down in the next few weeks. This weekend would have been great though - only 88 degrees. Plus it is the first game and people are so excited and almost everyone comes to that one. I hope lots of my little orange and blue Sweet Dreams Designs will be running around that campus on Saturday! Wish I was going to be there to see them!

0 comments: