Thursday, November 15, 2007

Smocking up a storm!

Ok, so I have been a very bad blogger lately - sorry. I have pretty much been bad at everything communication related. Haven't been responding to emails, etc. You know, it's just different now that I'm not getting paid by salary. When I was at work, I could sit around and email all day long and still get paid. Now, if I am emailing, I'm not "working" and not getting paid. So, I guess it is just different working for yourself.....much better, but different.





All that being said, I have been very busy lately. Between getting party orders and Christmas orders filled (and the ones in between) I have been at The Smocking Bird at least two days a week taking classes. First it was smocking, then yoke construction (learning to put my smocked inserts into outfits) and next (today) it is putting the smocked inserts into Tshirts. Monday, I start another class learning to do picture smocking rather than just the geometric designs.







My trunk shows are done for 2007 and they were quite a success - especially since these were the first I'd ever done! I really appreciate all of you who held shows for me and those of you who want to hold one in 2008! I'm so excited about the Spring shows and have lots of goals to be met between now and when they start back up in February. For Spring I would like to have a lot more "off the rack" things available for guests to buy. One, it's easier on me, two, people like to go home with something in their hands. I love love love Spring stuff too. Last night I created my first 2008 outfit....no pictures yet, but it is called "She's My Cherry Pie"! haha! It is a white short sleeved lettuce edge shirt with appliqued cherries with stems on it. The skirt (or shorts - can't decide) are black with little cherries all over it. I am also planning on making smocked tshirts available (we'll see how tonight's class goes)





I can't believe it is time for the holidays already. I'm so excited about decorating for Christmas! Too bad no one will see my decorations this year. I don't think we are doing any Christmas celebrating here at our house.





Oh, more goals....I am going to really work hard at updating my website. I will have to since it will be out of season, but there are other things I want to do.....like have all of my fabric swatches available on the site. It is a lot of work and very time consuming, but will make things better in the long run. Also, I want to get up all of my customer photos. I have several up right now, but I would like for it to be more organized and finally get up everything that everyone has sent me. I know that doesn't sound like much, but the website takes up so much time, I have to almost dedicate an entire day to it. It is also pretty boring - I would much rather be sewing.





Well, that is it for now - I know I say this every time I haven't written in a while, but I promise I will try to do better! Things were so exciting for a while, I actually had something to write about every day, but now it is just work work work!

Oh, and here are some pics of my little angel Niki winning Beauty Night this year! It has really been her year!

Ok, back to the grindstone!

0 comments: