Monday, December 10, 2007

Bon Voyage!

Hello neglected little blog readers!

As some of you know I have been incredibly busy this past week or two! It has definitely paid off though. As of Thursday, my clothing and accessories are now being carried in a boutique in Clanton, Alabama! The boutique is fairly new and is called Southern Belles Boutique. I am SO excited about it and I really think it is going to work out great. The owner of the boutique has been very easy to work with and I sold three outfits in the first two days! On Friday and Saturday alone I was able to crank out 12 outfits for the boutique's open house that was held on Sunday. I haven't checked back in on the success of the open house, but I hope things went well.

Since getting home from Clanton Sunday evening I haven't even laid eyes on my sewing machine! Last night I got some much needed rest - went to bed at 9 and woke up at 8! Today was such a productive day, but still no sewing! Got my car detailed for the first time since I bought it last November. For some reason just doing that alone has made me feel so much better! I went to the vet to pick up Paris and Bella's Santa pictures - not great for the second year in a row. What can I expect from those two though? Last but not least, I got a pedicure to get ready for our cruise! I still have a lot to do before we leave Thursday morning but today I feel really good - like I actually got some things accomplished! I really thought that by this time I would be pretty insane with all the things I need to do before we leave. Ahhhhh....relief! What a feeling!

I have been making lots of candy for my "get to know the neighbors" project. Jason and I really don't know anybody in our neighborhood and it is really sad. I am sure there are lots of reasons why we don't, but it is sad nonetheless. When we lived in Cahaba Heights I knew the first and last names of almost all of my neighbors. We talked to each other, ate dinner together, and have remained friends with some of them since we moved. In Forest Parks, however, I know the first and last names of one of our neighbors. It took 6 months for the welcoming committee to "welcome" us. I know everyone is so busy and we don't have kids and we are younger than most of our neighbors. We haven't exactly made much of an effort either. That is all about to change though. I am making little goodie boxes for as many neighbors as I can - filling them with peanut butter balls, peppermint bark, morsel candy and maybe some cookies too if I can fit that in my schedule!

Now, as for the cruise it has been hard to get too terribly excited thus far, but I think the excitement is coming on now. I think I may have talked Jason into packing his suit and going to the "captain's dinner" on the dress up night. I mean, is it too much for a girl to ask to have a nice dressy dinner with her husband? I think not! I hope we will have lots of fun pictures to share when we get back. Maybe something cute to put on next year's Christmas cards. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be huge and pregnant and I can look back on this year's cruise pictures and remember what my waistline looked like!

Ok, well you should be pretty caught up by now. Maybe I'll get some computer time on the cruise! Until then - Bon Voyage!

0 comments: