Saturday, December 1, 2007

Silent night

Well, it has been pretty quiet around here today. Jason has been out of town meeting some people about a job prospect....he should be here in about an hour so I thought I would take this time to write.

Today has been a mix of lounging and productivity. Clean some here....shower....email....work on the website....laundry...decorate the tree...write out Christmas cards. Ok, so more productivity than I thought! Not a bit of sewing though.

Argh...speaking of Christmas trees...when did they become such a hassle? I used to enjoy the tree. All of it. From picking it out to the lights and decorations, it was always pleasant and fun. Maybe it's just from getting older, but it has been like pulling teeth trying to get anything done "Christmas-wise" around this house. Pulling Jason's teeth that is! I really thought that having an artificial tree this year would really help matters, but I don't think it has. Here is the tree I really want:
http://www.balsamhill.com/BH-Noble-Fir-by-Napa-Christmas-p/nob-t.htm
Just can't quite swing $1000 for a pre-lit tree. They are usually half price after Christmas though. Still....won't happen. Nothing like traffic and decorating to get you out of the Christmas Spirit! No, not really....I'm still here....loving Christmas and all of it's magic - Oh! and looking forward to our cruise!

I can't believe it is two weeks away. I feel like there is so much that needs to be done between now and then! Let's see....



  • Get a tan


  • Tone up my abs, arms and ....ahem....bootie


  • Get a pedicure


  • Finish Shopping


  • Pictures with Santa


  • etc


  • etc


  • etc






Here are some fun things to look at since I have been so negative in this post!





OH!!!! And to get YOU in the Christmas spirit....If you didn't get to watch the lighting of the Rockafellar Center Christmas Tree, then you didn't get to hear Taylor Swift sing her version of Silent Night. It was so fantastic that I bought the CD. Here ya go!









0 comments: