Friday, March 28, 2008

Didn't know I was gourmet

Chicken Calypso With Island Peas and Rice

Generally, I consider myself a pretty good cook. However, most nights consist of scraping our cupboard to come up with something for dinner due to my hatred of grocery shopping. Most meals end up ok, we have a few favorites. Now, we have a new one. I have always loved stopping by the Simple Meals counter at Publix to taste whatever that week's meal is. On occasion I'll buy the stuff to make the meal and have always been pleased. This week, I was blown away by my kitchen skills! Even hubby, who never raves about my cooking - EVER - loved this meal and wasn't afraid to say it! This meal is worth the trip to the grocery store and will give you a chance to try something new. I served it with a side of plantains - something we've never had - and they were super easy and delish! It is made with boneless skinless chicken thighs as well, which is something I normally steer clear of, but I think I've been converted!

Anyway, I rarely write about things like this, but it was too good not to share. Serve it with some Red Stripe beer and you're back on your honeymoon to Jamaica!

Now click the recipe name for the list and GO to the grocery store!

0 comments: