Saturday, March 8, 2008

Gotta love Alabama....


Pantaloon Playset (2)
Originally uploaded by lesteal624
Seriously, two days ago I was in the yard with the pups basking in the sun talking about what a beautiful day it was. It was in the mid 70's for goodness sake! Yeah, well....it's snowing today. Gotta love Alabama! Paris loves it - we just mulched our flower beds day before yesterday so the snow looks really pretty laying on top of the mulch. Not anymore! Paris thought it looked fun to play in and bounced around in every bed - hopefully not breaking those pretty daffodils, iris and tulips I wrote about in my last post! If nothing else, it is a nice morning to sit in front of the fire and write a little!

I do have a few fun new things to write about. Due to several requests - NAP MATS are on their way! They had been suggested in the past, but it seemed so complicated. My skills have come a long way since then so when I got another request I decided to go for it! Especially since my fall line is on its way and nap mats go great for "back to school"!

Another fun thing is, with the help of a new "designer friend", the fabrics for my Fall Line have been selected! I was about two seconds away from posting the fabrics on this blog this morning, but I had to resist. I think I'll at least wait another month before the big reveal. That will give you something to look forward to!

Now, I have to brag a little! The outfit pictured at right is one I'm pretty proud of. Not that it's that different or unusual, but it just kind of came from nowhere. An outfit to play in was ordered - nothing specific - I love those customers that say "I like this fabric, I like this applique, I need something for her to play in, just make something cute!" So, this is what I came up with. I guess the part that made it special is that there was no pattern (except for the pantaloon). I just kind of made it up and it worked perfectly! I think it is perfect for play too - still cute and dressy, but since it's made from a soft cotton tshirt it is comfy. The pantaloons, which are knee length, keep undies from showing when she's playing!

Now, for more snuggling by the fire before I go to work this morning!

0 comments: