Friday, March 7, 2008

A time for rest...

My time for rest is not necessarily going to be today - however, I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so my time for rest is coming! After 4 weeks of hard work - including 2 more parties - I am finally finishing up my largest party ever! In record time too, I might add. It feels so good to have accomplished so much. Last night I was looking at the stacks of folded clothes, ready for shipment, and really had to sit back for a minute and think....I MADE all of that stuff! Sometimes I don't even think about it. Sometimes it's my job. But every once in a while it really amazes me that I'm able to do this. I thank God so often that I have been blessed with this ability. Not only the ability to sew, but the ability to work at home and try to achieve this dream I'm working toward. I thank God that I LOVE my job. People ask all the time if I get burned out from sewing (usually 12-16 hours a day) and my answer is always no. Granted, I was just saying last night that I would love a day when I had NOTHING that I HAD to do, but that's just not realistic! Even if I did have a day with nothing to sew, I would have a house to clean, clothes to wash and chores to do. As they say, a woman's work is never done!

Yesterday, I did take a little break to enjoy the gorgeous weather that we had. Of course that weather is gone now - 70+ degrees yesterday and it's supposed to be 28 tomorrow! I took a few pictures of the first blooms of spring. They'll be gone before you know it. Our bridal wreath spirea and our forsythia is blooming- I also walk around the yard almost every day to check on the progress of our daffodils, iris and tulips, which should start blooming any day.

Now, in order to finally see that day of rest, I must get back to work! I'll finish up the big party today, finish up the Clanton party by Sunday/Monday, and hopefully have the Hoover party finished for the most part by Friday. Good luck to me!

0 comments: