Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

No plans today for the 4th.....just finished up the Fall Brochure/Invitation and thought I'd head on over to "blog" a little! It's been a while since I've written just for the sake of writing.

I have finally finished up with all the orders from Spring and officially removed most Spring/Summer items from the site and filled it with all new Fall stuff! It looks fantastic if I do say so. Next week begins the Fall Shows and as of right now the calendar is not as full as I'd like it to be at this point. I do have three shows in the next two weeks, but would love at least 3 more before the end of July. I keep reminding myself of last season when everyone started asking to book all at once. I hope that when everyone sees how great the fall line is, that the calendar will start filling up!

My first show is in Alex City, at the home of a friend. It is a show that I always look forward to. It's always fun to see returning customers and you start to feel like you know the people you are making clothes for! Two days later I'll travel to Rome, GA to Barnsley Gardens Resort for a Member Trunk Show. This is a new show for me and I'm excited to see what is to come. On the 17th, I'll be in Mtn. Brook, AL at the home of my college roommate....this is a first time show for her and hopefully not the last. Then comes August when I head to Atlanta!

As I sit here and type this I am noticing the jiggling under my arms and realize I didn't go to the gym almost all of June! Geez.....too much time in front of the computer this past month. Not enough movin' and shakin'! Hopefully now that the Fall line is ready, the catalog is complete and shows are starting, there will be more time for trips to the gym. In the meantime, I need to head downstairs and hop on my bike!

Another thing left ignored was my house....I need to commit a full day to cleaning house. I always feel like when I am cleaning or at the gym I am wasting time that could be spent at work, but I guess I can't work all the time. Like now, for example! That being said, I have GOT to go get some work done around this place! And get some things done before another cookout tonight. Happy 4th!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for #8. Very sweet picture and cute dresses.
Cindy Ross