Friday, July 25, 2008

Sewing Room Re-vamp....Behind the Scenes of SDD

Wow, am I exhausted!



I have been so frustrated lately because I have been working so hard in this room that makes me miserable. I have mentioned in the past that Jason - not Mr. Neat Freak - walks by this room in disgust because sometimes I get so buried in work that it just gets out of control. Any crafter feels my pain!


So, for the past 3 days I have fully committed myself to cleaning, rearranging and organizing my sewing room. I always say I'm going to do it, but then work gets in the way and I think - why clean when I could be working? No one pays me to clean. But this is, afterall, my workspace - my office - my creative hideaway.....I might as well enjoy being here!


First, I mapped out a plan of how I wanted the room to look - a blueprint of sorts! Yes, for a day or so you couldn't walk in here but as I mentioned, I was fully committed and got it done! I rearranged and moved furniture and boxes and file cabinets etc - against the advice of my doctor. (I had some cancer removed from my back last week which left a rather large unsightly incision that is still rather painful when I use my left arm or my back muscles.) No whining - I did it! ha. I even got down and dirty with the baseboards and wiped them all down!


Anyway, here are pictures of my "new" sewing room! Now, the closet is a completely different story, but we'll tackle that project a different day!

My wonderful embroidery machine! Yes, that is a little clutter to its left.....
My ironing station. This shelf was used for fabric that I have racked up over the years, but I moved that to a hanging shelf in the closet....you know the kind they sell for sweaters?My favorite part! I moved this from being ignored in corner and put some pretty things (candles, pictures) on it as well as useful things. Closeup of my favorite! Notice the sign - made just for me by Signs & Salvage


I know, I know....the clock isn't centered. Drives me crazy too, but the nail was already there....





Can you tell I like this space?



















My "office" space. Again, mirror not centered....don't care - it's CLEAN! I have my cutting mat on this table too. Oh, and that's my new filing cabinet. My old one fell over when you opened the top drawer! Good riddance!



I'm done for the day! I'm afraid to go back to work because I might mess it up!

0 comments: