Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spring Fabrics in and Sample Sale

This was one of those mornings I got up and said...."I need to blog". I think "vent" would be a more appropriate word, but before I get to that I have a few updates.


This Sunday, September 14th from 2pm - 5pm I will be holding Sweet Dreams Designs' first ever Sample Sale at my home. I'll be selling off the samples used at shows this season as well as seasons past. There will be fall items as well as items from last summer and a few items from seasons past. I will also have some items from Thirtyone gifts (more samples) that I will be selling - all at a discounted price.



If you are in the Birmingham metro area or just feel like making the drive - please send me an email requesting directions: anna@sweet-dreams-designs.net







Second update worth mentioning is, I JUST opened my huge box of brand new fabrics for the Spring 2009 line and they are so beautiful! I absolutely can't wait to get started on the new designs. Judy has already made a couple of pieces and I have one completed outfit here that I have finished. My goal is to have most everything (at least one sample of each) ready for a photoshoot in early-mid October. I have already contacted April at Once in Every Life and we are going to work together again on the Spring photoshoot - yea!





Now onto the venting:



Before I can get started on the Spring line I must finish up 20 online orders (6 of which must be finished before the 25th). In addition, I had three parties this past week - all with a very good turnout and large party totals. On top of that I still have two parties from early August that are not quite finished yet. Needless to say I am really covered up in orders!



Am I complaining? NO! Absolutely NOT! However, I am a little overwhelmed! The response to the Fall line has been out of this world - more than I ever expected. Also, my website is really making its name these days. I am getting more hits and more orders than ever before which is fantastic! I also have more wholesale applications than ever, which is something I just can't take on right now. I have had to turn down every new application that has come in lately due to the fact that I just don't have the resources to produce enough for the wholesale accounts. I will begin accepting wholesale accounts in the spring when the line is put together and I can breathe again! It is really too late in the season to continue pushing out fall at wholesale anyway.




So, all that being said I have really got to get busy. This week has already been a doozie and it is only Wednesday....with a March of Dimes committee meeting at my house this evening, my new industrial serger (yea!) being delivered tomorrow, preparation for the Sample Sale on Friday and Saturday and the actual sale on Sunday - it doesn't look like things are going to slow down anytime soon!



I have really begun to notice the work of God in this business. Though I don't thank him nearly enough I know all of the success that has been achieved this far is because I asked Him for it - and boy did he deliver!



Ok - I feel better now - off to the sewing machine!


0 comments: