Sunday, October 12, 2008

Where's my order?

Where have I been, you ask? Scattered to say the least. The past couple of weeks have really been nuts and have presented challenges left and right.




The end of September brought several meetings for the March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction, which I was on the volunteer committee for. The event was October 2nd, and turned out well. We had lots more silent auction items than we originally thought we would thanks to these girls! I had a good time doing this, my first volunteer experience in a while. Wish I had been more involved and will definitely do again!




In the not so happy news, between Judy and I, we have had three machines go to the repair shop in the past couple of weeks. Obviously, for two gals who sew for a living this creates a problem. Luckily, we are back in business now. In addition, ALL of my product photos on the website were wiped out. Yep, just disappeared! Talk about a headache. It was a real pain in my a** getting them all back up but they are back. I think there are only two missing right now. Here's why....Flickr.com completely deleted my account without notifying me. Why? Because I was breaking a rule I didn't know existed. When I posted my items for sale from the sample sale, I created an album on flickr with all of the sizes and prices on the photos. Apparently they thought I was trying to run an e-commerce store from their site and didn't like that. I would have known this if I had read the terms and conditions. But seriously, how often do you read those? Whatever.....I'm not bitter.



Next, I have been "helping" plan our 10 year high school reunion which is coming up on November 1st. Stupidly, I volunteered myself to make a booklet full of questionnaires filled out by classmates - including their high school photo and current photo. I thought it was a great idea at the time and really felt like we needed something special to take away from the reunion. That was until less than 20 of my classmates decided to participate and September flew by like a jet plane. Here it is October 12th and I probably have 15 responses to the questionnaire (including mine) and less than two weeks to get it done.



And, last but not least and probably most importantly, I have been struggling to get ready for our Spring 2009 photoshoot which is October 26th. My plan to cut and sew (with Judy's help) 85 +/- garments before that date is exploding in my face. ****Speaking of Judy, seriously, I don't know what I'd do without her**** In addition, I have had 3 models drop out to date. I am pretty sure we have replacements, but it is aggravating nonetheless - especially since some of their outfits were already sewn. Say your prayers that we can get all of this done in time.

Anyway, with all of this said, please accept my apologies if your order was a week or two late getting to you. The Fall Line has really exceeded my expectations and I thank you all for that and for your patience! In order to make sure that everyone has received their orders on time, or as close to on time as possible, I have quit taking new orders until the 26th. We will begin shipping again at that time. I hate to close the shop down, and really pray that it doesn't hurt business in the long run, but to take care of my current customers, I really feel that it must be done.



On a brighter note, I have received my first manufactured garment from my manufacturer! I am so pleased. Also, I have new labels that were created for me there - actual WOVEN labels that won't fade in the wash and are SO pretty.

I've said before, and I'll say again - I have been really lucky with my manufacturing experience so far. I have read dozens of horror stories, but I have been really happy! I'm sure there is a place where I could get a better price, with more fabric selection, but if it ain't broke..... Plus, on such a small scale, there aren't that many companies that would even work with me. I was lucky enough to find one that would. ALSO - since I am so insane right now and planning Spring so late (I'm about a season behind and have been since the beginning.....just now starting to catch up) I have already started having some samples made for Fall 2009. I'm thrilled with the results so far - received my samples last week with my Spring 09 order. Samples included two shirts and a pair of pants. There are still some adjustments that need to be made to make it perfect, but at least I have a head start on the game.

My goal is to be at the Atlanta Market by 2010. Speaking of - I am heading to Atlanta tomorrow to check out the Apparel Mart for that very reason. Just walking it this time. Definitely necessary to get an idea of what it's all about, look at different Sales Rep companies, check out booth displays, etc, etc, etc. I'm staying with my BFF and we are going together on Monday and Jason's mom is coming on Tuesday to go. Probably for a half day each.

Ok, it needs to be mentioned that it is now 4am. Apparently my body is only used to getting about 5 hours of sleep and it has already had that tonight. I shot out of bed at about 2:45am and was literally wide awake. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings last night to watch that horrible Auburn/Arkansas game and were home in bed by 9:30! I feel myself starting to crash now even though I have already had my morning Dew. Diet dew, that is.

1 comments:

Sherree said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I love the outfit. I posted a couple of pictures of her in it on my page. I can't wait to see your spring line.