Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Running on empty

Ok, I promised two Spring preorders tonight and one of them was supposed to be a boy's outfit.....I won't let you down, I promise!

However, tonight I have been working on about 300 pictures from April @ Once in Every Life photography. I ordered two hard bound "look books" that I'm thrilled with! I'm completely wiped out though. I often wonder if people really know how much goes into this business. Every day I hear of new people who have learned to sew an a-line jumper and are ready to jump into the business. Not that I got started much differently, but if I had known then what I know now.....well, I guess I would have been where I am now two years ago! ha. When you are trying on clothes at the mall, you just aren't thinking about line sheets, wholesaling, marketing, designing, and all of the etc. etc. etc. that goes into producing what you are trying on. Even I still don't know exactly what has gone into it, though I am learning more every day. I read, I experience, but still - it amazes me.

The photo shoot alone is a HUGE undertaking. Ok, so the shoot turned out great - now I have pictures. What do I do with them? Catalog? Look book? Line sheet? What kind of presentation do I want to spend my money on? How am I going to distribute these photos so that retailers and customers alike know how great my products are? I know...you are thinking blah blah blah....but these are real concerns and there are so many MORE concerns that go into every single move you make in this industry. And, I use the term "industry" lightly, because I still feel like I am such a novice, newbie, newcomer, freshman, that "industry" feels so much bigger than me.

Ok, after all that rambling (if you are still reading!) I am ready to show off the new spring preorders for tonight!
owen camo watermark
The Owen Jumbo Pocket Jon Jon - Camo Critters
MSRP: $42.00 (includes monogrammed pocket)
Earlybird Price: $33.60 (plus tax & shipping)
Sizes NB - 4T
Buy Here




Type Size Here






Spring 20091-9
Round Yoke Dress - Party Dot
MSRP: Sizes 2, 4, 6 $48.00 (earlybird $38.40 plus tax/Shipping)
MSRP: Sizes 8, 10, 12 $58.00 (earlybird $46.40 plus tax/shipping)
Buy Here:





Sizes
Type Size Here





3 comments:

sweeter and the bubbas said...

Hey, precious clothes!! If you could make the pictures where we can click on them to maximize, that would be great!! :-)

Jen Harris said...

I love my Owen...he looks soooo adorable in your clothes! :)

Brandie said...

I know that this is an old post but I just had to comment on how right you are. I am in the process of launching my girl's clothing line and even though I researched and studied and worked for weeks on my business plan, I really had no idea just how hard it was going to be. The biggest problem that i am having right now is financing. I thought that i could self fund and it just not happening. This is costing so much more than I had thought. I am soo excited about what I am doing but do wish that people knew just how hard it is. Thanks for the great post:)