Saturday, February 21, 2009

A break from show time

Today was my last trunk show for a few weeks so I will have a little time off to continue to prepare for Cottontails which is only 12 days away! I have been lucky enough to have some very sweet friends volunteer to help me manage my booth during those three days. I was worried for a while that I was going to be running the booth on my own, so this was quite a relief!

I am taking tonight off because I am exhausted. I went to Atlanta yesterday and stayed with Jessica and then had Erica's trunk show today from 10:30 - 4. Then I hit the road and got home a little after 6. It was a whirlwind visit and I wish I could have stayed a little longer, but Jason is out of town so I had to get back home to Bella and Paris. (needless to say they were happy to see me after being in the house alone since 5am!) From the sounds of their snores, you would think they hadn't been sleeping all day!

Last week was barely productive at all. I was busy ALL week long, but in hind sight I got very little completed. I have tons of outfits started, but very few on hangers ready to sell or ship. This is only minorly disturbing seeing that I have 12 days left to get my display and enough outfits ready to sell. (plus tagged, hung, sized and priced) It's amazing what all goes into one of these shows. I have really enjoyed it though and will probably do it again as long as the show goes well. I had a minor melt down last week and Jason and I decided maybe I was trying too hard. It's not that I have a lot riding on this show, it is just a great opportunity. I just wish I had found out in July that I was participating, not the end of January. Many of the vendors I have spoken with that have participated in Cottontails in the past say that they bring around $30k worth of inventory to the show and ALWAYS sell out before the end of the last day. That is quite a load to bear considering I have had 5 weeks to prepare for this. I just want to make the most of it that I can and I guess that's all I can really do. Judy has really helped out tremendously and her daughter Joanna has come on board with us as well (which is a huge help!)

Tomorrow, Jason is coming home and we are going to finish up my display. This means we will be painting and covering display board with fabric, etc. It shouldn't take too long if our design works well....it is likely that the display board with be too top heavy and come crashing down - nightmare! But, if all goes well I should be able to cross that chore off my list and put my focus back on making clothing to sell and finishing up trunk show orders.

Off to relax before another week of madness! Goodnight!

0 comments: