Friday, February 13, 2009

Just a little update

It's been a little while since I blogged so I figured I had a few minutes this morning. Not really time to spare, but sometimes you just need a break. Here's a little taste of what has been going on around here....

My sweet Mother in Law came over from Rome, GA on Monday, Feb. 2 to help me get started on sewing things for Cottontails. She was able to stay all the way through Thursday and we got a TON done in that short amount of time. I warned her before she came that we'd be working really hard, and I didn't lie! We worked from about 7:30 am until midnight every day. When she left on Thursday I went to bed a 9pm (exhausted!) and got up at 4am and got back to work. It is amazing how much you can get done before the sun comes up! Surprisingly, I didn't crash at 8am like I usually do when I get up that early....probably thanks to the two Diet Mtn. Dews I had. (Thank GOD for those....at least until I have kidney failure....)

I did take one little break during the week while she was here to go see baby Aida - my dear friend Emily's new little one! She was absolutely beautiful!

Now, this week has been a different story. I had a show in Thorsby on Saturday and stayed in Clanton till around 5. Got home then off to grill out at a friend's house. Sunday - I truly don't know where that day went. Laundry and household chores maybe? Who knows....got very little work done that day. Tuesday, I had a trunk show in Alex City with Leanne and Wednesday, I delivered a wholesale order to Sassafras Boutique in Homewood! Sassafras is the first store in Alabama to carry my line, so I am very excited to see how it does here. I'm hoping to go over there next week to see if some of my items are in the window display so I can take a picture! Fun fun! Anyway, Thursday I was able to get back to work, not leaving the house even once - finally! And today - Friday the 13th - will hopefully be just as productive as yesterday - if not more so.

So, to sum up - my progress for Cottontails is a little grim. I'm meeting Judy on Saturday to pick up and drop off more things to be made for the show plus things from my trunk shows. I barely have enough to fill my display racks right now. Poor little booth....if nothing else at least maybe I can get my name out to some local folks. Wish me luck - only 2 weeks to go.

0 comments: