Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hopping down the bunny trail....

Well, today is the last day of Cottontails Village and OH, what an experience it has been! I have learned so much this weekend about running a booth, setting up a booth, booth design, what to sell at a show like this, and the list goes on!

I definitely noticed a hit by the economy on this type of show - at least I think it was the economy - it may have been that this was the first beautiful weekend of the year and there were a lot of other things going on. The Davis Cup was at the Civic Center as well, making parking a nightmare. I can't help but wonder if that scared visitors off. However, I talked to a LOT of other vendors and most said they were significantly down in sales from last year.

Another surprise - my Friday sales were AWESOME! So, I expected Saturday traffic to be crazy. However, my Saturday sales were right at HALF of my Friday sales! Shocking! I was also shocked at the items people were interested in. My most popular outfits from trunk shows didn't sell at all at this show. It was really strange. Example: This outfit I made 16 of thinking it would be a huge hit at the show! Didn't sell a single one!



Later:


Ok, so now I'm sitting here on Sunday at the booth and it looks like traffic is picking up a little. Been here 2 hours and had one sale. Still not discouraged....On to lessons learned.....



Most of the customers have been more interested in the knit sets that I have done and have loved the Easter themed items. The Friday work crowd was more interested in the boutique styles, but the Saturday crowd didn't want to spend much more than $20-$25. These are simply observations - of course there are exceptions! OK....off to talk to customers! More to come later.....

0 comments: