Saturday, September 26, 2009

Follow up

So, last night when I was writing my blog post about the new store, I had to wrap it up quickly because I was so exhausted. Last night we moved every. single. piece. of clothing from the store's showroom to the upstairs office/storage area. We took down everything on the wall right down the very last nail, and moved it as well. It only took about 3 hours and 5 of us working, but we were all worn out when the process was over.

Today, I have 4 painters doing a total makeover on this place of mine! The colors could not be any more perfect....Bathe and Liquid are the colors, and of course high gloss white as the trim. I debated over the expense of the high gloss, but boy is it worth it....the turn out is absolutely amazing! We are under construction at the moment, but it is already a major improvement over the drab beige flooring & boring cream trim and walls. It truly looks like something out of a magazine! Well, the colors anyway....the flooring still leaves a LOT to be desired. It is old carpet that has seen better days. Right now we have scheduled to install new hardwood flooring on November 1st. I have already purchased the laminate flooring....harvest oak. I can. not. WAIT to see this place after it is installed....talk about a major turnaround!

Next on the agenda? New ceiling tiles, and new lighting fixtures. Maybe can lights & maybe even a chandelier....a baby one or two just for fun! I have spent a bunch on this re-do, but if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right and make it a place people WANT to come shop. I don't want to shop in a drab store. I want to shop somewhere crisp and clean and bright! SO, that is what I'm making for my customers.

I will be posting pictures just as soon as I have something to share! I'll hold off on the "before's" so the "after" will pack a major punch!

2 comments:

Teresa Pomerantz said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your reveal, I love hardwood floors in a store- it just makes me feel like they took the care to see that the customer feels like it is a great place to shop (at least that is how I feel) Just out of curiosity - will you be selling anything besides clothing- such as baby toys, blankets, bibs, and such?

Brandie said...

Oh my gosh! Have I been out of the Twitter loop or what? It is so funny that saw this today, I just looked at retail space for a shop last week and decided that I wasn't going to do it. Fastforward to today where my friend, who happens to have the shop next door is trying to convince me to do it. Wow, how exciting that you took that leap. I still can't decide but I will definitely be checking in with you to see how it's going:)