Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Busy October

Thursday I leave for Houston for the International Quilt Market! I'm a little nervous about traveling all by my little ol' self, but I'm guessing I'll make it there alright! I'm meeting up with a bunch of crafty girls like myself that I have become friends with over the past year through.....TWITTER! Yes, my online friends will come to life this week!

I'm meeting up with Mary on Thursday evening, and then staying with Missy and Liz on Friday and Saturday. Then all along the way, I'll be meeting Patty (who you have all heard me talk about before...pattern testing, fab fabrics, etc), Paula (more fabulous fabrics and some upcoming clothing patterns I can't wait to get my hands on!), and many more great ladies and designers who I can't wait to meet! Oh, and there will be fabric there too! I'm hoping to find the very best to bring back to you guys for upcoming seasons! I'll be bringing my laptop too, so hopefully I'll find time for lots of pictures along the way and maybe a blog post or two! I've been waiting for this trip for months and can't believe it is finally here...making October officially the busiest month of the year.

Last weekend was Jason's sister, Erin's wedding in Rome, GA. Probably one of the prettiest weddings I've been to in a while. It's also possible that we worked harder on this wedding than we did on our own, but it all came together beautifully. It's called teamwork people! It's called family....



Here comes the bride!


Jason's Floral Expertise...one of the many arrangements he made for the wedding!

Speaking of family...we are gaining a family member in our household next week! With the marriage of Erin came the moving in of mom...Jason's mother will be moving in with us within the next week or so. After the wedding festivities, we loaded up a U-Haul and brought all of Jeanette's things back to Birmingham with us and packed them up in a storage unit. We will be transforming Jason's "man cave" into Jeanette's temporary new home. Hee hee....temporary...lol! Not sure exactly what that word means at this point, but time will tell! Until then, as Tim Gunn says...we'll "make it work"!

0 comments: