Friday, November 13, 2009

Southern Lady


Do you love this as much as I do?

This is our ad for the Jan/Feb 2010 issue of Southern Lady magazine! To be perfectly honest, I had really never read the magazine until I was approached about purchasing an ad. But, it didn't take long for me to decide to subscribe. It is a magazine that I actually READ cover to cover. I think it helps that it is Birmingham based so the articles aren't too out of reach and neither are a lot of the advertisers. That part is pretty cool. It has some YUMMY sounding recipes, and darn it, it's just pretty!

So, after I fell in love with the magazine I decided to purchase a 1/4 page ad for three issues next year. This is our first ad! Rob Ingram did our photo shoot for it in his amazing studio. Let me just tell you, it's not easy to get three kids of varying ages, no matter how well behaved, to look at the camera and smile all at the same time! Though we were able to capture some of those moments, that's not what I was looking for for this ad and Rob knew this. I wanted different. Modern, but vintage. Rustic, but crisp and clean. I know that may not make sense to some, but he made it happen and I'm completely in love with the results. I can't wait to share some of the others from the shoot that I'll be using for my Birmingham Kids' Directory ads as well as hanging in the shop.

0 comments: