Sunday, December 20, 2009

The end of an era....and the beginning of a new one!

If you are a fan on Facebook, then you may have been aware that there was a big announcement on the way! Drum roll please.....

It's true there have been lots of changes going on around here. The new store being one of them. When I purchased the store, I never had any intentions of stopping designing for Sweet Dreams Designs. However, I did know that there may come a time when I had to either put trunk shows on hold or stop doing them altogether. Well, it appears that time is upon us! When Fall 2010 Trunk Shows would typically start in July, Jason and I will be patiently (or not so patiently!) awaiting the arrival of our first child!

Yep, you read that right! As of Christmas Eve I was 9 weeks pregnant and so excited! I heard the heartbeat at 6 1/2 weeks and we will get to hear it (and see the baby) again at 10 weeks. SO, I hope you all understand why I will need to take a break during the Fall 2010 season! I also hope you understand why I have been encouraging anyone who has ever been interested in hosting a show to do so for our Spring 2010 season. (There are still a few dates left!)

I will continue to design and sew for Sweet Dreams Designs, however, producing an entire line and traveling for trunk shows will be a big challenge until things settle down around here after the baby comes! You will still be able to order online and pick up things in person at Grandmother's Joy ! I will keep you all posted on if/when trunk shows will pick back up. Most likely, the next full line will come out hopefully in Spring 2011....who knows - that may be wishful thinking! However, spring is my favorite time for clothes, so I'll keep my fingers crossed! In the meantime (between seasons) I will continue to list things on the website - some new things probably and also some past designs that I still have in stock.

SOooo....there you have it! I hope I didn't build up that big announcement too much! If you are interested in hosting a show this season just shoot me an email and we'll set it up! I have one Saturday date left (Feb. 6) but there are many weekday show dates left and sometimes those are the best ones!

As the title suggests - this is the end of an era in a sense, but we are very excited to be starting a new one! I'm more thrilled than you can even imagine to design and sew for my very own child after sewing for so many other precious children over the past 3 1/2 years!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Grandmother's Joy - Accepting Spring Preorders!

I'm so excited to already have so many of the awesome spring clothes on the site! It is a lot of work and very time consuming so I decided to get a head start! After I got back from Market in October, I went ahead and started posting our orders from that trip on the site. (the ones I had pictures for at least!) I have decided to try something new and begin accepting preorders with a 60% downpayment. Read below for all of the details and be sure to take a sneak peek at the Spring 2010 Line-up at Grandmother's Joy!

Spring 2010 Preorders

After reading below, scroll to the bottom of this page and click the appropriate link (girls, boys or swimwear) to shop the preorder items!

Preorders are purchases for merchandise that will arrive the following season. By placing a preorder, you are guaranteed to receive the product--as long as the manufacturer is able to fulfill our production request.

When you purchase a Preorder item, you pay 60% of the list price as a deposit. The remaining 40% is charged after January 1st, once we've confirmed with the manufacturer that the order will be fulfilled.

If you cancel your Preorder, you will receive a deposit refund--minus a 10% restocking fee.

If a manufacturer fails to ship an order to us, you will be refunded the full deposit.

Whenever possible, we will accommodate requests for size changes.

Season Specific Information for Spring 2010:

Items will ship between 2/15 and 3/30. This year, Easter is on April 4th - Easter outfits may not arrive at your residence before 3/20, so please plan photos/events accordingly.
Items not shipped by 4/30 will be canceled and your card immediately refunded.
Enter coupon code PREORDER in the discount voucher box during checkout to pay the correct deposit amount. If you fail to enter the coupon, the entire amount will be charged; no refunds (40%) will be processed if this happens.

By entering the code PREORDER, you are affirming that you've read and agreed to the terms on this page.