Sunday, December 20, 2009

The end of an era....and the beginning of a new one!

If you are a fan on Facebook, then you may have been aware that there was a big announcement on the way! Drum roll please.....

It's true there have been lots of changes going on around here. The new store being one of them. When I purchased the store, I never had any intentions of stopping designing for Sweet Dreams Designs. However, I did know that there may come a time when I had to either put trunk shows on hold or stop doing them altogether. Well, it appears that time is upon us! When Fall 2010 Trunk Shows would typically start in July, Jason and I will be patiently (or not so patiently!) awaiting the arrival of our first child!

Yep, you read that right! As of Christmas Eve I was 9 weeks pregnant and so excited! I heard the heartbeat at 6 1/2 weeks and we will get to hear it (and see the baby) again at 10 weeks. SO, I hope you all understand why I will need to take a break during the Fall 2010 season! I also hope you understand why I have been encouraging anyone who has ever been interested in hosting a show to do so for our Spring 2010 season. (There are still a few dates left!)

I will continue to design and sew for Sweet Dreams Designs, however, producing an entire line and traveling for trunk shows will be a big challenge until things settle down around here after the baby comes! You will still be able to order online and pick up things in person at Grandmother's Joy ! I will keep you all posted on if/when trunk shows will pick back up. Most likely, the next full line will come out hopefully in Spring 2011....who knows - that may be wishful thinking! However, spring is my favorite time for clothes, so I'll keep my fingers crossed! In the meantime (between seasons) I will continue to list things on the website - some new things probably and also some past designs that I still have in stock.

SOooo....there you have it! I hope I didn't build up that big announcement too much! If you are interested in hosting a show this season just shoot me an email and we'll set it up! I have one Saturday date left (Feb. 6) but there are many weekday show dates left and sometimes those are the best ones!

As the title suggests - this is the end of an era in a sense, but we are very excited to be starting a new one! I'm more thrilled than you can even imagine to design and sew for my very own child after sewing for so many other precious children over the past 3 1/2 years!

4 comments:

Sherree said...

Congrats!!! That is great news!

Shea said...

Congratulations!! So exciting!

Teresa Pomerantz said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! you'll be busy designing baby clothes now!

Sew Gracious said...

What WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I'm so happy for you! :-)