Monday, July 11, 2011

Birthday Party Prep

I tried my first round with the Babycakes Cake Pop Maker last night in preparation for Charlie's upcoming birthday party and it was a success! I used random sprinkle colors here and chocolate I already had on hand to coat them in since I didn't want to use up what I had bought for the party. So even though they are not "designer" cake pops, I got the technique down AND they tasted good! Oh, and everyone keeps asking where I got this....Kohl's has them for $26.99 and if you buy it in the store like I did, then no shipping! My advice: FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and read the tips. They really did help! (And I'm a terrible direction follower!)





I have also been working on his birthday hat (not finished yet, but I'll post pictures when it is!) as well as a variation of this idea from Life Sweet Life blog.







Hint: Think about how HOT it is going to be outside at the end of July in Alabama!



Truth be told, this blog has been a constant resource for my party planning. It's also where I found out about the cake pop maker! Score!



I'm also really excited about having Carmen with CBM Photo photographing the party AND Charlie's one year portraits! I wanted to have every minute of the party documented and I'm so glad that Carmen was free that day and willing to photograph it all for me so I can enjoy the party and **try** not to stress out about it!



I'm going to wait just a bit longer to post the party invites (which are PERFECT!) but here is the picture that went on the invitations....







My invitations were designed by MemoriesToo.com/Southern Summer Party Designs and they were printed (real quick and in a hurry!) by my friend Susan who designs adorable stationery for children and adults!



Now, what am I going to do when all this party planning is done?





3 comments:

Rhonda Williams said...

I love all your party planning Anna!! I'm sure his party is going to be awesome!!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

I am jealous of your cake pop maker results! I haven't had as much luck. Did you follow their recipes or use a box mix? I used a box mix and it was a HUGE fail. Thinking maybe I need to try their recipes. Yours turned out great...I think they look so cute! And thanks for the sweet comment about my blog. I'm glad I could be of help! Can't wait to see his party...he's such a cutie!! :)

SweetDreamsDesigns said...

I DID use their recipes! I had read on their website that so many people had had trouble using the box mixes so I didn't try it. I did vanilla this time, but I think I'll do Red Velvet next! :-)