Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Charlie's Sock Monkey Birthday Pictures *Part 1*

I'm pretty anxious to get these pictures up, so I'm going to post the pictures now and the story later! Enjoy!

In this heat? You're gonna need some ice water!

Cake pops were a hit!







Charlie's month by month photo display turned out so cute! I'll have to take a picture of the whole display so you can see all of the pictures together...





Our three sock monkeys....two got left at home...oops! Hey, we were lucky to have food at the party. My brain went missing in the chaos and LOTS of things got left behind! I think I'm the only one that noticed though!








I love these plates that I found at Hobby Lobby at the last minute! They fit my tiered stand perfectly and went with the polka dot and red theme. My banana pops were a disaster (should have relied on Diana's Bananas in the frozen food section, but I wanted to do it myself....) At least they tasted good!



The "Charlie Fans" were the hit of the party and they were my ONE completely original idea. Not that I copied the whole party, but it was definitely inspired by other great parties I've seen! The fans are the thing I was proudest of though....and they definitely got used!





"Charlie's 1st Birthday"....In hindsight I probably should have done a banner made from card stock because this one took me almost three weeks off and on to complete! Let's hope I can use it again next year and just change out the number! It did look pretty though.





It only took three helpers and staying up till 3 am to get everything done and without my dear friend Emily, who decorated all of the cupcakes, I'm not sure we would have had any! They turned out perfectly!






But, let's not forget the cake! Jeanette stayed up ALL night finishing it. No exaggeration....she did not sleep until Saturday at 5pm after all of the family guests left!





The birthday boy looks pretty pleased with it!








He didn't mind sharing a little with Niki either!






We only opened a few gifts and a few of our guests even thanked us for that! ha! I debated on whether or not to open any, but since we had a photographer there I wanted to document a few gifts being opened. It was just so hot and a one year old opening gifts is usually like watching paint dry. Let's be honest....






Here's Charlie giving out kisses to Niki...I can't believe we actually got this picture! (This is why you hire a photographer....ok...just ONE of the reasons!)






This is one of my favorite things from the party. This was also a "borrowed" idea (I'll post all of my sources in a separate post). Everyone at the party posed with a blank poster and I went back and filled in their names so Charlie would know who was at his first birthday party!









And, last but not least....our cookie favors. You wouldn't believe how long it took to make, shape, glaze and decorate 60 cookies. It was definitely a labor of love. But in the end, each person got to bring home their own monkey cookie and we were left with plenty to enjoy after the party!



1 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Oh my goodness Anna, you TOTALLY outdid yourself!! I cannot get over every little detail...it is ALL so perfect!! The monthly pictures, the fans...the cupcakes?! I mean really. Absolutely fabulous job!! What a fun day! :)