Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pinterest is taking over my free time!



Since I've found Pinterest, my weekends have been full of fun projects. Most of which include thrifting and repurposing things! I made this dress long before I found THIS tutorial on Pinterest, but my dress looked unfinished. I hadn't added the sash/belt yet. So, though the tutorial is great, I didn't actually use it. I used a much simpler version (just measured, gathered and attached the fabric to an old tee that had a stain on it). However, I'm glad I found the tutorial because it gave me the idea to add the belt which really finished off the look. I wish I had a picture of the back (and excuse my crappy iPhone pic). The belt IS actually attached at the sides to the dress so it doesn't move around and get all out of whack.





I had SO many compliments on this dress today. I liked it but didn't think it was THAT special until the compliments just kept coming from everyone from the Winn Dixie check out girl, to customers at Grandmother's Joy, to the jeweler that works next door. Anyway, needless to say I'll be making more. By the end of the day I felt like a million bucks!

1 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

That dress is SO cute!! You are so talented. I really need to take the time to learn to sew. All these pinterest tutorials are making me want to so bad!